I am obsessed with the Coolibar Umbrella. It has an Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) of 50 which means only 2% of the sun’s harmful rays can penetrate through it. It also keeps you 15 degrees cooler. I honestly do not know how I managed to last this long without it. It’s made my time at the beach so much more fun because I don’t have to worry as much about burning or damaging my skin. You can find it at coolibar.com for $89.50 http://www.coolibar.com/product/Umbrellas-Shelters/6-Titanium-Beach-Umbrella/pc/0/c/0/sc/2297/155590.uts
I love this protein powder! It’s gluten free, soy free, dairy free and hypoallergenic. It has NO sugar and it’s also raw vegan! It tastes amazing. I have been on the hunt for the perfect protein powder and I finally found it! Let me know if any of you try it or have tried it and leave your thoughts/comments! I got mine at the Vitamin Shop http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/sun-warrior-warrior-blend-vanilla-2-2-lb-powder/w4-1006#.U2D2gFeomAQ.
1. This one is common sense but drink a lot of water. Technically, you’re supposed to divide your body weight in half and that’s how many ounces per day you should drink. I don’t count that way though I just make sure I am drinking throughout the day. Dehydration can slow down your metabolism and your body may mistakes hunger for thirst causing you to eat more.
2. Start taking ground flaxseed. I take 1 tablespoon roughly per day. I put a spoonful in my smoothie. You can either buy organic ground flaxseed or buy the flaxseed and grind it yourself. I prefer to just buy ground flaxseed. Make sure you store it in your fridge! Flaxseed has fiber and omega 3 fatty acids that help fill you up and also prevent inflammation which is helpful in losing weight.
3. Stop eating 2 or 3 hours before you go to sleep. Night time is when your body is getting ready to relax for the night and shouldn’t focus on digestion which requires a lot of energy.
4. Eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper for dinner.
5. Avoid anything that will cause inflammation. That means graze throughout the day to keep your blood sugar levels from spiking. It also means choose your foods wisely. Avoid foods with a high glycemix index such as anything high in sugar, processed foods and anything with white flour.