1. This one is common sense but drink a lot of water. Technically, you’re supposed to divide your body weight in half and that’s how many ounces per day you should drink. I don’t count that way though I just make sure I am drinking throughout the day. Dehydration can slow down your metabolism and your body may mistakes hunger for thirst causing you to eat more.
2. Start taking ground flaxseed. I take 1 tablespoon roughly per day. I put a spoonful in my smoothie. You can either buy organic ground flaxseed or buy the flaxseed and grind it yourself. I prefer to just buy ground flaxseed. Make sure you store it in your fridge! Flaxseed has fiber and omega 3 fatty acids that help fill you up and also prevent inflammation which is helpful in losing weight.
3. Stop eating 2 or 3 hours before you go to sleep. Night time is when your body is getting ready to relax for the night and shouldn’t focus on digestion which requires a lot of energy.
4. Eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper for dinner.
5. Avoid anything that will cause inflammation. That means graze throughout the day to keep your blood sugar levels from spiking. It also means choose your foods wisely. Avoid foods with a high glycemix index such as anything high in sugar, processed foods and anything with white flour.